Every year for Tim's birthday, we go on a winter weekend getaway. Little did I know that on a birthday trip to Newport, Rhode Island in February 2017, Tim would be the one surprising me with a beautiful sunrise proposal over the ocean on the 40 Steps of the Cliff Walk! Since we had been together for nearly four years at that point, we knew we wanted a short engagement. Having worked in the bridal industry for ten years at Something Bleu Bridal, I knew exactly what I wanted for our special day and loved every minute of planning our perfect fall celebration.
- Wedding date: October 8, 2017
- Reception and ceremony location: Wedding Barn at Lakota's Farm
- Photographer: Keira Lemonis Photography
- Bride's dress: Something Blue Bridal
- Bridesmaid dresses: Lily Saratoga
- Rings: Brilliant Earth and Mayfair Jewelers
- Groom and groomsmens' tuxedos: Via Roma Albany
- Hair: Molly Tremante and Carissa Mongillo from Plush Hair Studio
- Makeup: Make Up by Doria - Doria Riker
- Flowers: The Petal Pusher - Burnt Hills, NY
- Caterer: Suburban Kitchen NY - Ryan O'Shea
- Cake: Hollister Entertainment -Chris Hollister
- Transportation: Suburban Kitchen NY - Ryan O'Shea
- Photobooth: Brightbird Photobooth Co.
- Band / dj: Hollister Entertainment - Chris Hollister
- First dance: "I Will Follow You" by Toulouse
- Honeymoon destination: London, Paris, Berlin!
For dessert, we opted for an apple pie bar with five different kinds of apple pies. It was such a hit- not a crumb was left!
Advice to pass on...
The day goes by quicker than you can even imagine! Be sure to take the time to stop and breathe it all in throughout the day.