What may be a surprise, however, is that those couples don’t need to sacrifice a single ounce of chic to have the barn wedding of their dreams!
Over the past 10 years we have seen barn weddings evolve from rustic ceremonies on family farms that had been recently cleared of tractors and hay to full-scale event venues like the Sablewood at Highview Springs, where the live-edge bar tops gleam with polish, an antique chandelier illuminates your ceremony, and effortlessly elegant black-and-white coloring elevates the setting from barn to an estate.
Pro Tip: Have snacks for your horses so they don’t eat your gorgeous flowers!
With this incredible setting in mind, we were inspired to feature wedding gowns in luscious silk organzas and dreamy laces; suits, shirts, ties and pocket squares that wouldn’t be out of place on a yacht or the sidelines of a polo match; and - of course - two gorgeous horses who can’t get enough of their owners!
Lush florals in shades of living coral bring a pop of color to the venue and hanging greens over the tablescape give an intimate feeling to the dinner of sumptuous farm-to-table cuisine. Marbled in black, white and grey with gold leaf, the wedding cake goes from understated chic to statement with the addition of fresh, bright florals. As the finishing touch, elegant linen stationery is stamped with a black wax horseshoe to seal the impression for guests of an upscale and elegant equestrian wedding.
- Photography: Tracey Buyce Photography
- Venue: The Sablewood at Highview Springs
- Florals, Tablescapes, and Planning: Rena’s Fine Flowers
- Dresses: Something Bleu Bridal featuring Astrid and Cressida from Lea-Ann Belter Bridal, Treasure from Astrid & Mercedes, and Olvi’s Lace
- Suits: The National by Saratoga National Golf Club
- Accessories: Tessa Originals, TiAdoro Jewelry, Malis Henderson, Lea-Ann Belter Bridal
- Hair and Makeup: Make Me Fabulous
- Cuisine: Lily and the Rose
- Wedding Cake: Gingersnap Cake Shop
- Stationery: Paper Dolls of Saratoga
- Cinematography: Kenneth Cooper Films
- Models: Kendra Bruce, Alexandra Naja, and Brandon Ryther
- Horse Models: Tricostal (Bay), Who Can Charm (Grey) of Trilogy Equestrian Center, LLC