Cameron and I have known each other since childhood; he’s been my cousin’s best friend since first grade! Growing up I had a huge crush on him, and when my cousin got married in 2015, we reconnected and began dating! We had our son Leonard in 2018, and soon after purchased our home in Saratoga. We’ve always loved Saratoga and all that the city has to offer, so it was an easy decision about where to live when we moved.
Later that same year, on a trip to Aspen, Cameron, Leonard, and I went on a hike and had a picnic lunch at the top of Snowmass Mountain. When I turned around Leonard was “handing” me a ring asking me to marry his daddy. Of course, I said yes! We weren’t even off the gondola before Cam mentioned that he had the perfect venue in mind. We toured the Adelphi once and knew it was for us!
The pandemic threw a wrench in our June 2020 wedding plans- we had to postpone our wedding by a year. Our vendors were beyond helpful in assisting us with rescheduling and replanning. While we were disappointed, we had to wait another year to have our wedding, there was one silver lining. Our daughter Charley was born in December of 2020, and she made the perfect flower girl!
Our wedding was the perfect celebration with friends and family who we hadn’t seen in over a year. We had an amazing time …totally worth the wait!
Wedding Date June 25
Location The Adelphi Hotel
Photographer Tracey Buyce Photography
Wedding Gown True North Bridal
Bridesmaids' Dresses Lily Saratoga
Hair Complexions Spa for Beauty & Wellness
Makeup Jillian Marinucci
Groom's Attire Mr. Formalwear
Rings The Rock Shop (made by groom's godmother) Wedding bands purchased from Legacy Touch - our bands have each others' finger prints engraved on them.
Flowers Deryck DeMatas Design
Stationery Suite DIY!
Event Decorator Deryck DeMatas Design
DJ or Band Ceremony & cocktail: Cloudlifter, Reception: New York Players
First Dance "Let's See What the Night Can Do" by Jason Mraz
Rentals: Rain or Shine Tent and Events
Honeymoon Destination Greece
- Handmade, wooden, guest book (an outline of the lake we were married on)! by Ryan Ackerman: @Woodr.ack
- We were able to take pre-wedding photos at Druthers. We've always loved it there and they were kind enough to let us take some photos (and give us some beverages!)
- Our invitation suite was designed by my cousin, with the facade of the Adelphi featured on the stationary!
- We had a sushi station and a bananas foster station; both were a big hit.
Advice to pass along...
- Hire vendors who you trust wholly — our vendors went above and beyond, and we couldn't have done it without them! We didn't have to give them much direction at all - we told them our vision, and trusted them to run with it. They hit it out of the park!
- Have a great playlist ready for the morning of!