1. This isn’t their first rodeo. A professional wedding photographer has shot weddings before. This means that when it comes to the hustle and bustle of a wedding, they're not bothered. They know to arrive early for set up, and they’ll come with portable lighting devices and extra memory cards, whatever is needed for the job.
2. They know what pictures to take. Taking good wedding shots is not a point-and-shoot endeavor. There's a lot of planning that goes into what shots are necessary and what shots look the best. A professional wedding photographer has a list of must-shoot photos and will get each shot from various angles, too.
3. They know where to take them, too. Your professional photographer will also spend some time finding the best locations and views for the photographs on your wedding day. They know how and where to capture the best lighting, and they know how to work quickly and efficiently at the same time.
4. They have a back-up plan. If your cousin or sister's best friend gets sick before your wedding day, then you're pretty much out of a photographer. A professional photographer, on the other hand, will have a plan A and a plan B to make sure that your wedding has a professional photographer present, no matter what.
5. You don’t have to worry about quality. Last, hiring a professional wedding photographer includes post-processing, meaning you will get a set of ready-to-print photos. These photos will be adjusted and cropped perfectly for hanging on the wall, personalizing thank-you cards, or any other usage you can think of.
Professional photographers don't come cheap, but they come with a host of benefits. They know what to expect from a wedding, they know what pictures to take, they have a back-up plan, and they also edit the photos for you as well.