Matt and I met at SUNY Geneseo while in college where we were both in Greek life. We instantly connected on shared life goals and interests and the rest was history! Traveling has always been something we enjoy doing together, and we have always made time to travel somewhere new and exciting every year.
Matt proposed to me on our trip to Greece when we arrived in Mykonos! He had planned the whole proposal with the hotel months in advance and when we walked outside by the ocean, there were rose petals everywhere and a photographer hiding to capture the whole event. We were then whisked away on a photo shoot around Mykonos and ended the most perfect day with a romantic dinner!
Even though we live in New Jersey currently, I grew up in the Capital Region and we are always visiting my parents in upstate New York. It is a tradition to go out to my birthday dinner every year at Prime at Saratoga National, and we have always joked around wondering if they host weddings there, since the food is so delicious! Once we got engaged, that was naturally the first venue we visited since it was so special to us, and it was an easy choice to say yes to. Matt also loves to golf, so him and his groomsmen had a great time on the course the day before our wedding!
Since both our families were coming in from out of town for our wedding, we wanted to welcome them warmly to Saratoga. We made sure to provide a list of all our favorite restaurants for them to try, as well as local landmarks and activities for them to explore. Our guests raved about our Saratoga Welcome Bags that included lots of signature Saratoga delicacies! Many of our guests have already planned follow up trips to Saratoga since they enjoyed the weekend so much!
Our wedding day plans changed quite a few times due to COVID - from postponing to downsizing and everything in between – but the team at Saratoga National was incredibly easy to work with and I appreciated them making something that was so complicated as seamless as possible. Our day would not have been the same without our amazing wedding planner Kelly Strong Events - working with her was by far one of the best decisions we made! I also want to thank Renaissance Floral Designs for bringing our Bridgerton-esuqe dreamy florals to life - the tent at Saratoga National was the perfect blank canvas for them to fill with colorful pastel florals. The Adelphi Hotel also made for the perfect getting ready location. Our day in Saratoga was a dream come true!
Wedding Date June 11
Location Saratoga National
Photographer Dyanna LaMora Photography
Videographer Moho Creative
Wedding Gown Justin Alexander Signature - purchased at I Do I Do
Bridesmaids' Dresses Nordstrom
Hair Julie Potter Master Stylist
Makeup Amanda Pierce Makeup
Groom's Attire The Black Tux
Rings Matt's ring: Cartier, Ashley's ring: local jeweler
Earrings Van Cleef & Arpels
Shoes Rene Caovilla Getting ready shoes: Louis Vuitton
Flowers Renaissance Floral Design
Stationery Suite Empress Stationery
Wedding Planner Kelly Strong Events
Event Decorator Kelly Strong Events
Caterer Mazzone Hospitality
Cake J&S Watkins Desserts
Transportation Premiere Transportation
DJ or Band Ceremony Quartet: Heather Chan, Reception DJ: Chris, Love of Music
First Dance "Tuesdays" String Version by Jake Scott
Rentals: Rain or Shine Tent and Events
Honeymoon Destination Greece, Ionian Islands
- Getting Ready Location: Adelphi Hotel
- Embroidered Monogram Napkins - Etsy
- Saratoga-theme Welcome Bags for guests included: Saratoga Chips, Saratoga Water, olive oil and balsamic pairings from Saratoga Olive Oil Co, and custom wedding crest cookies form J&S Watkins desserts.
- Monogram decal for dance floor by AJ Signs; crest designed by Empress Stationary, who also created a custom watercolor painting of Saratoga National for guests to sign instead of guest book, and was used as invitation envelope liner
- First Dance Custom Calligraphy - Etsy, Picturea and Poesis.
- Custom Wedding Vow Books - Etsy, Rebecca Green Design
- Getting Ready Robe - Homebodii Kassiah Lace Robe
Advice to pass along...
- Buy meaningful wedding gifts for your loved ones that they will cherish forever. One of the gifts for my mom was a custom drawing of my mom, myself, and my grandma who passed away but wearing the dress she wore to my mom's wedding so it was as if the three of us were together on this special day. (Vendor - JesMarried)
- My mom is my best friend and I planned a surprise mother daughter dance for her - one of the most memorable and fun parts of the day! Song - Mom by Meghan Trainor
- Don't forget about the little details! Some of my favorite mementos from the day are the custom little items we had made like our vow books. Also, don't wait until the last minute to order these little details! Place the order as soon as you have the idea.
- Have everything you want for flat lay photos and detail shots set aside and prepared for your photographer the morning of. You will most likely be getting your hair and makeup done when they arrive and you want to make sure all of these details are captured!
- Eat breakfast! This was one thing I forgot to do that I wish I did. Take time for yourself the morning of YOUR day - relax and be pampered!